Sunday, September 14, 2008

Commenters, Chill Out

Seriously, some of you need to get back on your meds.

Threatening me will not make your candidate win or the other side lose. Trust me on that one. Neither will writing up 2,000 word essays on why so-and-so is the salvation of the nation. Nor trying to convince me of the righteousness of your cause. Efforts to shame me by invoking Hillary (whether to support Obama or to support McCain) only piss me off. In short, trying to affect the outcome of the race by applying pressure to a cranky political theorist is a losing proposition.

If you try to do anything like that, you are not paying attention to what I write.

I'm not discussing who to vote for, or even if anyone should vote. I don't give a hoot in hell what you do in the voting booth. Follow your bliss, but don't lie to yourself about why you're doing it.

The only thing that matters to me is describing what I see and trying to analyze why it is happening. Such as the continued success of the Republicans at the polls despite being the party of Abu Ghraib. The continued failure of the Democrats to achieve sustained electoral success. The violent misogyny that has a stranglehold on the Left. Abandonment of the working class by all sides. The Democrats' embrace of the rhetoric of the Right. The "Progressive Blogosphere" and its willing capitulation to the MSM. The problem of collective action in a modern political system. And so forth.

So anyone who wants to rail at me for supporting the bad guy can save their breath and go hang out at the sites still invested in the horserace.

Anglachel

No comments: