Sunday, August 06, 2006

Housecleaning

Digby's blog Hullabaloo has been removed from my blogroll. What was once an intelligent and engaging blog has sunk down into crap/rant territory. Her defense of Jane Hamsher's "humorous" photoshop image of Joe Lieberman in blackface was the final straw. It really creeps me out when a "left" activist thinks using racial stereotypes to denigrate people is a good thing to do.

I have added Robert Reich's blog. He publishes sporadically, but does excellent reporting on economic and political issues.

I'm tired of reading screaming and invective instead of reporting and argument. I'm also tired of the Kos-centered war against the "DLC". I've looked at the rhetoric and the stances, and have concluded that I am one of the "traitors" to the left as defined by Atrios, Digby, Jane Hamsher, Markos, etc., since I think the Cintons have provided outstanding public service to this nation for decades. You want people to pick sides? Done.

Another moderate leftist abandoning the Kossack netroots for good. My political opinions are more heterogeneous than Pro/Anti-DLC.

Anglachel

No comments: